The 50 ways to lose weight effectively
50 Tips to help lose weight – and keep it off! These daily tips are a gold mine
of diet methods that are sensible and sustainable.
Try to add so many of these tips to your daily routine, and you will surely be on
the right track to becoming slimmer and in excellent health.
We do not grow «overnight», – so you should expect that it will take some time to
lose that weight again, but do not give up! Perseverance, determination,
and courage – should be your watchwords.
These tips are practical if you stick to your plan
1. If you cut out one tablespoon of fat from your
diet every day, you’ll drop 10 pounds in a year.
2. Avoid strange diets –
if you cannot eat this way for the rest of your life, do not waste your time or your health.
3. Include fruit in your diet at least twice a day.
4. Keep a food diary
about your food choices, indicating how hungry you are every time you eat.
Pay special attention to your level of hunger when you snack.
5. Do aerobic exercises for at least 30 minutes weekly. Record this in your food diary.
Any workout that causes your breathing and heart rate to increase is classified as aerobic.
Walking is good! Just do what you can, for starters. Consult your doctor before intense
physical exercise if you have other health problems.
6. Gradually increase the duration and frequency of your workouts.
7. Do not weigh yourself more than twice a week.
And do it in the morning after going to the bathroom – this is the most accurate reading.
8. For every 5 pounds lost, give yourself a non-food treat.
9. Slow your eating speed
and make your meals last at least 20 minutes. Try eating with your other hand or taking
a sip of water between bites.
10. Use smaller plates.
11. Bring your lunch to work at least three times a week.
12. Start training twice a week as your fitness improves.
Building muscle increases your metabolism and
forces your body to use fat, not muscle, when you reduce calories.
Reduce carbohydrates and stick to lean white meat and fish,
and you’ll notice significant improvements here.
13. Stop eating while watching TV.
14. Invest in an excellent low-fat, low-calorie cookbook
or a membership to a low-calorie magazine.
15. Try two new low-calorie recipes a month
16. IMPORTANT – Have breakfast every day.
This suppresses appetite most of the day and fuels the brain at work or
caring for children! All day long, you’ll feel better and have more energy.
If you eat low-fat cereal in the morning.
17. Do not read while eating.
18. Eat a sweet treat once a week.
19. Keep healthy snacks at home and work.
20. Limit your cheese intake to reduce fat and saturated fat
use breakfast cheese and meat containing less than 5 grams of fat per ounce.
21. Add calories or grams of fat to your food diary for a few weeks
if your weight loss slows down. Maybe you’re missing something.
22. Substitute herbs and spices for the salt.
23. Buy food when you’re not hungry and use a shopping list.
24. Replace ground beef with ground turkey or soy
crumbs in dishes
such as spaghetti. Do not skip protein in your meals; find a skinnier substitute.
25. Eat three vegetables a day.
26. Always eat seated.
27. Ask your family and friends to respect your efforts to lose weight and get fit – beware of “sabotage”.
28. Take a walk when you are stressed or angry.
29. Eat two dairy products daily
and consider your calcium intake. Choose low-fat or fat-free dairy products to reduce fat calories.
30. Order the vinaigrettes and sauces separately and apply with a fork.
31. Increase your fibre intake:
Choose wholemeal bread, cereals, pasta, legumes, and raw fruits and vegetables.
32. Add food to slow down your meals:
Crunchy vegetables, a large glass of water, soup or hot drinks, or fresh fruit to satisfy.
33. Cook with chicken broth, non-stick cooking spray, or water.
34. Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
35. Reduce portions of meat and starch and stack vegetables.
36. Ask how the food is prepared when ordering from a restaurant.
37. Instead of ice cream, opt for low-fat frozen yoghurt or frozen juice bars.
Be careful with part sizes – these foods still contain calories!
38. Choose clear soups made from broth or tomatoes instead of white.
39. Keep junk food out of sight in your home and workplace.
40. Take walking shoes or a skipping rope when travelling to follow your exercise.
41. If you get lost, try to plan your food intake for the next three days by writing it down.
42. Buy frozen diet dinners containing 10 grams of fat or less and 800 milligrams of sodium or less.
43. Avoid coating with dough or paper
44. Use two egg whites for cooking instead of one whole egg.
45. Stretch during TV commercials – arm circles, leg lifts, head tilts,
46. Remove the butter from your buns or popcorn.
47. Choose a pizza with vegetable toppings instead of high-fat meats such as sausages and pepperoni.
48. Ask for less cheese. Have you ever tried tomato pie?
49. Choose cooking techniques that cut fat,
such as roasting, steaming, broiling, grilling, baking, and so forth.
50. Add more low-fat soy products to your diet for soy protein and health benefits.
Fifty ways to help you decide what works best for you! You can efficiently kick-start your weight loss plan now.